2.22.2011

Let the week pass by quickly :)

This past week has had its ups and downs. I noticed some people took advantage of the Macy's sale and got some stuff on our registry at a discount. I hope they have another sale soon because man, that discount was GOOD.

Cookie's passing has been difficult. It's quiet around our house. I over-did my attention on Ozzy and was playing too rough with him. Instead of whipping his head back and forth from the front to respond to me poking his paws, he turned his head all the way around and my face was in close proximity. After lots of blood and shock recovery, I have a few open sores on the left side of my nose and a bump here and there. It's swollen and irritated but it should heal quickly. I just hope it doesn't scar.

I didn't know Michael was close to Sammy, a cat that lived up in Fresno at his Step-dad and mom's house. Sammy was restricted to the upstairs level of the house because two very big dogs (and a little one) had taken over the bottom floor. Unfortunately one of the dogs got to the cat and the family had to put him down because his injuries were too extensive. When I saw what happened on facebook and shared it with him, I should have been more sensitive because he didn't take it very well and it still grieving. It's like how I felt losing Cookie, and I'm still not over it, so this will take time. Losing a pet is so hard because they've always been such good companions. Michael and I both feel more anti-dog lately because of this incident and Ozzy biting my face. It's a good reminder that dogs are pets, not people, and shouldn't be treated like people. We're working on not letting Ozzy on the bed or the couches anymore because then he thinks he's entitled to them.

Michael and I are in a Family Relationships (AKA Strengthening Marriage) Sunday school class and it's awesome. We went through a "love map" which was just questions getting to know each other and had fun answering them together and guessing what the other person would answer. We also went shopping at Michael's in Moorpark (the crafty store) for things to decorate our guest book for the wedding. We plan to use the remaining pages as a scrapbook of sorts of our first year together, it should be fun! The more we picked out things to add to it and discussed what we liked and didn't like, the more I thought DANG, we are so meant for each other. We have similar tastes in food and style, and complement areas where the other lacks. I look forward to starting our married life together :)

This weekend I'm probably going to visit Santa Barbara and take pregnancy photos of Janeya (with Brad if he's free). I'm also doing some photos for Laura and Vasty. I'm excited to add to my portfolio and also be able to help some friends capture memorable moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment