2.08.2011

THAT was stressful.

Michael and I had a great weekend and I miss him a ton already. After church and our meeting with the Bishop on Sunday, we drove out to my Uncle Greg's house to hang out with some of the Spencer family and watch the last half of the Super Bowl. It was awesome! I mean the football was fun to watch, but most of all I loved spending time with family like that. It was so nice to chat and joke with my Aunts and Uncles and Mom and Dad. And boy, was the meat GOOD.

After hashing out a few invitation preferences amongst my family later that night, we finally agreed on an invitation! Now we just have to finalize the meal choices we need to put on the RSVP card. We're hoping we can get steak, chicken, and salmon, not just two, so we'll see what happens. As soon as that's sorted out then we can order the invitations! So exciting.

On Monday after work I went over to "Sunnyside" Elementary School (I'm putting an alias because it isn't nice to talk trash...) and tried to speak with the principal about permissions for my research. My thesis is focused on the benefits of and participant perspectives of an after-school program, not the school itself, so I don't know why this lady said no, but she didn't even meet with me to discuss anything and was blunt in her e-mail. She didn't give any reason WHY, just "no" and suggested I inquire into a different school. Wow. My heart dropped to the floor when I read her e-mail because my research is centered around this program. Luckily there are two other sites that have this program and I'm meeting with another principal today who is much more research-welcoming and understanding of ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE. Hear that, Sunnyside? Excellence. Something I guess you don't like? :raspberry:

I'll feel better once I have the signatures in my hand. ANYWAYS.

After the unsuccessful meeting, Michael and I had lunch and then registered at Target for the wedding. At first we were unsure of things to scan and how much things were, etc. But then we got the hang of it: see it, like it, scan it. Here it is! Next weekend: Macy's. That way everyone has a lot to choose from.

We also went to Home Goods and got something for our centerpieces which we're extremely jazzed about. I don't want to spill the beans because I want people to be surprised, so I'll leave it at that. Our wedding is going to be so rad! I'm excited just to enjoy the day and more importantly, marry an amazing guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment