4.17.2011

First Garden Grove Weekend

This week it felt like work was dragging on and on until it was FINALLY Friday! Spring break came just in time; the kids were feeling it and I was too. After a short work day on Friday, I went home to finalize packing some of my stuff with my Mom and head out to Chino to pick up Michael's bureau and the rest of his boxes. I love my Mom so much, and I can tell we're both striving to enjoy the time at home I still have before I'm married. I'm glad I'm close enough where we can see each other regularly and check up on each other. I have amazing parents <3

Friday Michael and I moved stuff in, organized the placement of a few things, and finally remembered to get dinner around 9:30. We felt adventurous and went to a place called "Tomy's" diner/drive-thru. They had a variety of things from steak and eggs, to wraps, burgers, chili-everything. I had chili-cheese fries and Mike had a grilled chicken burger; it was pretty good and didn't give me a tummy-ache. On Saturday we slept in (woohoo!), went to Costco, Mom and Dad Burr came over with a couple of boxes and checked out the latest apartment updates, and also gave me tips on easy meals to make for during the week. After they left, we went to get Michael a haircut, had Chick-Fil-A for a late lunch (of course, one of my favorite places - unfortunately the closest one is in Santa Ana) and then checked out a few furniture and grocery stores before heading home exhausted from the heat and moving everything. A bunch of drama happened later that night on the phone, and after going to our new ward today, Michael and I received a lot of help through the talks and lessons in church. It's not our place to judge other people. The real person you need to worry about offending is Heavenly Father, and we're doing just fine there. Keep adding the positive into your life and delete the negative. I'm very grateful for church.

We went to our new ward today, and wow, are the people awesome. There are a lot of old, young, in-the-middle, newlywed, new kids, old kids in the ward, and a lot of people in the education field that I can learn from and possibly get help from with regards to teaching. SO awesome! During Priesthood when Michael introduced himself and said he works for a video game company, all of the deacons and young boys leaned over and turned their heads to look at him like, "Woah cool!" haha. He also met the dad of one of his former mission companions that served in Brazil and realized he's living nearby. Crazy, the connections you make as you move from one place to another. The ward is smaller than most, but the people are so genuine and friendly, and everyone knows everyone, so we felt right at home. We really look forward to staying here!

View when you first walk in, with a cute husband chillin on the couch :)

Family room! Love that rug.

The first meal I cooked in here - potstickers and stir-fry veggies.


Being able to stay in the apartment this weekend and spend time with Michael, doing new things together, making meals for us in our own place, and going through the rough spots have brought us so much closer together. I'm beginning to understand what people mean when they say that. I love serving him first and making sure he's taken care of, and I know he loves being my companion. It's so cool being able to share everything with someone, and each day is a new adventure and we have more happy moments to come, I love it. Tonight we're relaxing and watching Disney's "Oceans" documentary and adding our own commentary, haha.

1 comment: