4.25.2011

Weekend 4.21 - 4.25

Here are the weekend highlights:
  • Went to Garden Grove Thursday since I had the extra days off to spend more time with Michael. We had dinner at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney so we were able to watch the Kings and Laker games at the same time. It was fun watching the fans get pumped up.
  • While Michael was at work on Friday, I went to the gym, and then finished my last thesis chapter and colloquium PowerPoint presentation. I cooked dinner when he got home and we relaxed and watched the movie 'Salt.' Pretty entertaining, keeps your attention throughout the film, interesting story, lots of action.
  • On Saturday I made pumpkin pancakes and then we went exploring around town, which included Chick-Fil-A of course. We called up Jeremy to congratulate him and Vasty on their new baby boy and were able to drive down to the hospital to visit for a few minutes. Vasty was exhausted (and I hope you're feeling better and recovering quickly <3), Jayden was beautiful, and Joseph was such a PROUD big brother! So adorable. Glad we have good friends nearby to visit, in addition to my aunt and uncle and new extended family.
  • Church on Sunday was great, as expected. Some of the Young Women sang a unique duet during sacrament meeting and wow, this ward's got talent. I love going to a family ward and every experience I get increases my testimony. Afterward I went home and whooped up a pasta, meat and cheese casserole to bring to Mom and Dad Burr's Easter get-together in Chino. I finally met all of Terri's kids and their families, and wow - I'm getting some very comedic siblings and cuuuuuute nieces and nephews. Kaleigh is especially sassy, lol. Love love love them. And I'd like to note, I'll opt-out of the egg-confetti fights :P
  • Today I had an interview with a parent in Laguna Beach at his business office. He manages No Doubt, Gwen Stefani, The Offspring, Nine Inch Nails, and other groups, so his academic ideas and creativity are fresh and extensive. We'd be using the curriculum from his kids' current school, but extending electives and programs further than the normal school offers - the sky is the limit for these kids, and they're lucky to have that opportunity. The next time I'm in town I'll visit with their family to see if it's a good fit personality-wise. His office layout is awesome. If I don't get the job, at least I have another interview under my belt and learn from each experience.
  • My parents are getting home in an hour or two with Ozzy from Nevada. I'm excited to see my little roundy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment