5.22.2011

Almost Mr and Mrs Burr Time...

This past week I went to Ashley Beckstrom's goodbye party at Brunswick where we saw Selena Gomez bowling with a friend. Stuff like that hardly ever happens to me so it was kind of fun to watch everyone go up to her and ask for her autograph. I mean, what celebrity comes to Simi?! Yep.

The guest count has been finalized!!! I also had my last day of work on Thursday, YEAH! No more telling the 15-year-old to stop picking his nose ten times a day (literally). One thing I'll really miss is the dogs and cats pestering me for attention when I'm working. So stinkin cute. On Friday my Mom helped me load up the Yukon and take the remaining furniture to the apartment, so that's officially done. Now it's just the little things here and there I have to decide to take or leave. I also had two job interviews, one was eh, the other more promising, so we'll see. I try to look at it like good interview experience, so I can get better and better and find a job that's a good fit for me (and I for them). Friday night Michael and I ate a nice dinner at Acapulco and saw 'Bridesmaids' (language/sexuality warning), it was hilarious.

The weekend was filled with Chick Fil-A, Target, relaxing, and watching 'Pirates 4.' I had my doubts and they were proved right: while it was entertaining, exciting, had its funny moments, it was just another sequel. Pirates 1: awesome. 2: okay, cool. 3: eh, ok. 4: eh, ok... please don't make any more. They're mediocre now. Two stars tops. And, Penelope Cruz can't act. I just didn't completely buy her character.

We're so glad and amazed that our wedding is less than a week away. If I had to wait any more I'd be going stir-crazy (though I'm doing that already). To all of the Spencers and extended family on the Spencer side, my parents are having a brunch at the house on Sunday after the wedding, hope you can make it! I'll be cleaning house and such all week.

Wedding To-do List:
Finalize & pay for cake
Finalize rehearsal dinner menu
Press dress
Clean ring
Pedicure with the girls
Enjoy the day as much as possible!

Realizing I'm leaving home and my parents will be "empty-nesters" has made me very nostalgic. I plan on letting them know how much I love them and how I want to keep being a good daughter even though I was a brat (as most kids can be). I still am bratty (Allyson has always been the angel, haha), but try to be better. I love them so much and am so grateful for my family! I'm glad that when Mike and I are married, any drama from the past will be past and we'll enjoy building the first foundational blocks of our marriage together. We have Burr, McFadden, and Spencer family close by and are close enough to my parents to visit often. And, call me crazy, but I can hardly wait to start having kids, lol. I know I know, the immensity of the responsibility and parenthood will be huge, but it's all worth it to have a little bundle of joy of our own and be together forever. Laura and Cameron have shown me that, and my own family experiences and Michael's Dad have as well. I know my parents will be thrilled to be grandparents and have a little baby to play with :P

The next week I update this, I'll be Mrs. Burr :) See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment