6.16.2011

Getting Settled, Wedding Photos, Little Lantern Photography

Our first few weeks together have been great. I love cleaning house and cooking (ask me again in ten years and that may change, but right now I'm good :) and hanging out with my husband when he gets home from work. Work for Mike has been slow, and then all of a sudden got extremely busy. They'll be moving to a bigger building, still in Newport Beach, by the end of the month. Hopefully he'll also find a niche to work and progress in the company over time. He's great at listening, working hard and making people feel valued and they've definitely noticed that.

I got over my cold fairly quickly, I think it was just my body needing a few days to recover from the wedding and honeymoon rush. It took me a few days to get comfortable being on my own in the apartment while Mike is at work, but I think I'm managing. It's hard to feel productive when you don't have a set schedule each day and don't have to get out of your pajamas... all day. I've managed to make it to the gym, clean, cook, make my 8th grade syllabus for work, organize the gifts we got, and we stay out of trouble with a trip to Disneyland here and there since it's so close, and watching the show "The First 48" on Netflix. We got hooked on the honeymoon when we were cooling off in the hotel room and can't stop watching. Also, I've discovered that since there are a lot of Vietnamese natives that live around here, I'm sorry but there are also SO many bad drivers. For instance, today I saw someone reversing in the middle of an intersection because the light turned from green to yellow. I've also gotten my first (and hopefully last) parking ticket - stupid street sweeper schedule - and am getting used to our neighbors. A few of the people on our street don't have storage spaces, so they take all of the parking space on the street and use their vans full of stuff to park there. Crazy.

Other exciting events include: several times a day, someone nearby plays "La Cucaracha" on a loud car horn; a guy walks around honking a bicycle horn from 2 to 6 or 7 PM selling ice cream; and last week a transformer blew up behind another apartment building and caught several trash cans and trees on fire. I went to the gym, took a hot shower while we still had hot water, and did some grocery shopping until the power came back on. Exciting times! Mom & Dad Burr came over one evening and we made tacos and Terri's famous beans. Yay company!

Last weekend we hung out at my parents' house for a day since they were gone to Nevada for Dad's birthday (He has the same birthday as Terri! Small world :). Junior (Mom's cat) really missed us and was super cuddly. We spent some time at Mike & Diana Gwynn's wedding reception in the evening and then headed back to the apartment.

This week we went to Disneyland, and yesterday all of the Burrs got together at David & Terri's and went out to a local barbecue eatery in Chino called Dickey's Barbecue Pit. The food there is YUM and the meat falls off the bone. Yum yum yum. It was nice to see family after getting used to being on our own.

Yesterday I worked all day on our photography website and got it up and running! It still needs work, but at least we have a portfolio going. Check it out!! The Little Lantern Photography

And, if you have a Facebook profile, "Like" us! Facebook: The Little Lantern Photography

I've been working my butt off editing our wedding photos... it's been SO FUN!! I'm so happy with how they turned out. So far we just have the temple ones edited, and haven't even gotten started on the ring ceremony and reception. Every time I see a photo of my parents and my sister and I, I get weepy. :sigh: Need to visit!!! We'll be visiting my parents this weekend for Father's Day since I'll already be out there for Laura's baby shower. Yay! Here are just a few of our photos. The complete album is here. We'll hopefully be making a private password-access album for families so you can download the full-quality photos for printing.









No comments:

Post a Comment