3.12.2012

Blue Hutch is Done

Okay so, starting this project, I knew it'd take some time and be a great deal of work. The more I painted, the more I couldn't wait to be done (my parents probably saw it coming a mile away, knowing my patience level). Though I like the previous wood stain, I love the blue. I was also happy to keep the wood texture but instead have it change to blue. Is it perfect? Of course not, I'm no pro. But it's fun for something I got off of Craigslist for $40. Would I do it all over again? NO. haha. But I'm glad I did it.

The inside hinges couldn't come off because the previous owners messed up the screws, so I painted around them. First I used primer, as I had seen on Pinterest. Warning: it's oil-based, so anything you use it with will just harden and you'll have to throw it away. Don't use expensive rollers or paint brushes with it, and wear rubber gloves - it's tough to get off of your hands and dries them up.





Then I did a thick layer of the paint (Glidden - Soft Sapphire semi-gloss). Viola!



I also bought matching knobs and handles from the Home Depot to replace the old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment