4.24.2012

A New Addition

Surprisingly, we have a lot to update about :)

This past week we were invited to dinner at two family's homes and had a blast. It's so great getting to know the families around here and meet their kids, not to mention how awesome the parents are. Last weekend we also went out to Simi to take some photos for MBKB and hang out with family. Here's a small peek at the cuteness we captured (for the full post, go to the MBKB Blog):




Can you say cute??


It was a surprise that my sister and her husband were also planning on visiting home that weekend too, so I was really excited that all of us were together. Funny how it happens more when you don't plan it.

On Sunday my family gathered at my Uncle's house in Chatsworth for his birthday and sort of a mini-reunion since my Aunt was visiting from Idaho too! Valerie brought such a fun vibe, and it was really nice to have all of my aunts and uncles together. That day was pretty hectic in addition to that (and it being a dog zoo at the party, and Harley wasn't on his best behavior... but that's a different story), because from 11-3 PM my parents had to drop off puppies they were fostering to be shown at a PetSmart store nearby, so that required a few trips from there to the party and back. However, it was a very successful day, as the last two pups got applicants! Yay! So glad they all found homes. Mom is really going to miss her little furry children and I am too... 

Speaking of furry children, Mike and I had talked about adopting another dog, and if it felt right we would do it, sooo... Meet Maya!







Initially she was very timid and quiet. Harley seemed fine with her, until we brought her with us everywhere and he realized what was happening :P In Simi, Harley played VERY well with Minnie, my Mom's adoptee of the same breed as Maya (terrier mix - same size, shape, ears, etc.) and it was so fun to watch. I was initially very worried it wouldn't happen with Harley and Maya... but on Monday I just ignored their growling and let them "duke it out" while I referee'd and... viola, playtime! They wore each other out BIG TIME, and I am so happy they play together. We're glad we could open our home to a dog in need, and help the Life4Paws rescue open their fosters up to another shelter dog. Now I just need to stop looking at the endless photos online of dogs that need adopting at the shelter :(

This Saturday we're taking pics of families at the beach in Orange County. If you hear of anyone needing photos in the area, now is a good time! Later on I'm doing a shoot in Serrano Woods, and an early evening shoot at the Ventura beach. The more photos I take, the more fun I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment