5.09.2012

Diet (My Least Favorite Word)

Since one of my friends got onto the LoseIt app, I thought hey, I should give my goal another go (alliteration!). I've been logging my calorie intake and exercise this past week and feel good about it. Mike went to the doctor since he's felt so tired all of the time, among other things, so together we're watching how much we eat. It REALLY helps knowing other people are keeping you in check. So far we've learned - and are still exploring - new ways to eat a lot without getting so many calories stuffed in, how to know when you're full, and that eating smaller meals throughout the day helps curb cravings. Exercising also helps give me a calorie cushion so I don't have to worry about eating too much. My goal weight is 125, which will give me the healthiest BMI for my height and age, but I bet after I reach it that I'll fluctuate between 125-130. Just gotta keep myself in check.

Good snacks:
- protein shakes
- protein granola bars
- handful of cranberries
- handful of almonds
- soybeans (baked, or fresh edamame)

Eat a lot with fewer calories:
- cauliflower and turkey sausage casserole
- spinach salad with vinaigrette dressing
- lean cuisine entrees
- healthy choice steamed lunches
- any vegetables really, except corn (moderation)





Other news: summer is quickly approaching and substitute work is slowing down, so we're amping up the photo business and I'm making more wreaths. I also applied to two retail stores I enjoy, Sur La Table and Down East Basics (looooooove modest clothes!) so I hope I get some part-time work going. Should be fun! The next two weekends, we'll be in Simi for some photo work and our anniversary dinner my Dad is throwing, and we're really excited for that. Still haven't decided what we'll do to celebrate for an evening; we may wait until June and get a room at a Disney hotel when 'Carsland' opens, and spend a day or two at the parks while we still can - passes expire toward the end of June, booo!

Michael recently got a call from a fashion stylist friend he'd worked with on a past videography project, and was asked if he'd be interested in future projects (heck yes!). Apparently her career is really taking off and the promotional video he did for a model friend is very popular. This could open a few doors for us! :fingers crossed:

Here is the promotional video:




No comments:

Post a Comment