5.31.2012

A-May-Zing

Here's the long and the short of the past few weeks :) As you can tell, a LOT of it is photo stuff - I'm so happy it's picked up.

5/9 - 5/13:
Mike's blood work showed that he had reeeeeally high cholesterol. It isn't just from food, it's hereditary, so taking fish oil daily will most likely be a lifetime thing. Since cutting out high-cholesterol foods, he's lost around 20 pounds! Amazing. He feels a lot better, and it's making me stick to better eating habits too.

We took photos for a family in Orange County that weekend, and you can see them all HERE. They turned out great!



Mike's work also threw a "birthday party" for the company on John Wayne's Yacht (now a historical landmark). It was nice to ride around the harbor and watch other people have too much free booze :)





Mike spoke in church that Sunday and did a short-but-perfectly-sweet job considering he was the second speaker and had about 5-10 minutes. Now everyone in the ward loves us (especially him) if they didn't already :) We also took youth photos, seen HERE. These kids are great.




5/14 - 5/20: 
I house-sat for my parents during the day so that a sloppy repairman could come do a few odds and ends for a day or two. Maya and Harley love visiting and playing with Minnie and Ozzy. We took them to the Simi dog park and they loved it.

The Lake Forest ward Relief Society had a cookbook potluck, so I made coconut curry chicken with basil, mmm. The cookbooks are awesome too. I'm so glad I submitted several recipes and got a copy of the book.

We returned to Ventura County the next weekend to take photos for my lovely and sweet friend Katy and her fiance Kolby. They are so cute and I love how they came out (can be seen HERE). We'll be photographing their wedding this fall or spring.



5/21 - Now: 
I've been tutoring a senior in high school whose parents I know through church. Hopefully this will branch out into more professional connections.

Michael and I went to the temple on Thursday and it was awesome. I love the peace I get there.

I was able to take photos of my friends to update my portfolio and give them something good for their engagement, and as a result they now want me as their wedding photographer in July. I'm sooo excited :) Their photos are HERE.



I also took some 1-year photos of Evelyn, my friend's adorable daughter. She kept a quixotic face but had fun crawling around :) All photos are HERE.




This past weekend, my parents wanted to throw Mike and me an anniversary dinner with the wedding party. Most everyone came to Viva La Pasta on Sunday and it was delicious and memorable. Thanks to all who drove long hours (especially my sister and her husband, who drove through the night over 6 hours) just to see us. Here's the delicious cake (although too sweet for my taste now!) :



Our first anniversary was Monday! Michael got me a bonsai plant, which will last forever if I take care of it :P




I've managed to hunt down quite a few substitute jobs even though the school year is winding down and they're harder to get. My next assignment is for 3 days and the school is close to Michael's work, so we'll get to see each other for lunch :)

Thus ends a photolicious blog post. Again, I'm super happy with how our photos are turning out and what the future will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment