8.20.2012

Foodie: Tandoori India Cuisine


I'm not certain what the real name of this place is: India Tandoori, Tandoori India Cuisine, or India Cuisine. Either way, it's the best Indian food I've had in awhile, and well worth the price. They've only been there seven months but have been doing well and building an audience.

3940 S Bristol Avenue, Santa Ana, CA


We went for the lunch buffet as I was visiting Mike at work. We love our regular restaurants, but wanted to try something new, and weren't disappointed. Today I was pretty hesitant because when you haven't eaten foreign food in awhile, it looks scary :) However I soon relaxed and was reminded of the great Indian cuisine I had in London, England (surprisingly).

The Food: Fresh, authentic, tasty food that your taste buds will be delighted with. The naan is fresh and has just the right amount of crisp crunch. If you get garlic naan, they don't overwhelm you with it, but it is the perfect amount. The tandoori chicken was moist, the vegetarian almond and mushroom curry was my favorite, as well as their chicken curry and those yummy gulab jamun! (of course I had to look up the name to remember it!)

The Service: Like many family-owned restaurants I've been to, they put the extra effort and have a personalized touch. When we walked in, a table was ready for us and we were welcomed in, the owner was by several times making sure everything was to our satisfaction, and dirty plates were gone before we needed to ask.

We'll definitely come here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment