10.10.2012

Fall Holiday & 100th Post

Happy 100th post to us! In case you didn't know, the reason I called it daburrfamily.blogspot.com is in reference to {this}. We're fans of classic SNL.

Things I love about fall...
  • cooler weather
  • cuddling with husband
  • fall and winter clothes {sweaters, jackets, scarves, warm socks}
  • changing colors in nature
  • crisp morning and evening walks with the dogs
  • the warm, fuzzy feeling that accompanies the beginning of a cozy season
  • people seem a bit... softer, and they're more likely to smile
  • seasonal foods, such as pumpkin {duh}, hot cocoa {more reason to have it}, peppermint


Here is the list of fall things we have thus far enjoyed that are pumpkin-related. If you have more to suggest we go try, let me know! My cousin Julia already added pumpkin rice crispy treats to my to-do list, and I have a few homemade pumpkin plans up my sleeve. On a non-pumpkin-related note, Oreo now has Halloween colored cookies. Hmmm, what to do with those...

Fall eats we have thus far enjoyed...
  1. pumpkin better-than-sex cake
  2. pumpkin wreath
  3. cinnamon pumpkin spice kiss cookies
  4. pumpkin banana bread
  5. pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses 
  6. pumpkin spice cream frappuccino from Starbucks 
  7. pumpkin pecan cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory
  8. pumpkin truffles from See's Candy
  9. pumpkin pie shake from Bruxie
  10. pumpkin ravioli {failed attempt at making it}
  11. pumpkin waffles and pancakes {recipe coming next week}
And I'm miraculously maintaining my weight. :knock on wood:

I almost didn't let the pumpkin ravioli fail make the list. But, it did. I enjoyed the experiment.

I'd also like to add the Mickey Jack-o-lantern caramel apple we had at Disneyland last year. The orange-sprinkled marshmallow ears were yum.






No comments:

Post a Comment