1.07.2013

Life and an Easy Dinner

2013 is fantastic, says I on day seven. The motto that will not lead you astray:



Mike is learning a lot at his job and loves it. He comes home and we make lunch, or if we want to order something, I buy it and bring it home by the time lunch rolls around. We have daytime hours together, hooray!

I've continued my boot camp exercises at home, though admittedly it is more difficult without a trainer and a gym. I'm still waiting for my HOA's gym to depopulate this week before I go back to use their equipment. Sometimes I get stuck and can't remember a variety of exercises, and repeat the same ones. I'll have to keep a list handy. And, there's the problem of dog faces greeting me every time I go down for a plank, push-up, mountain climber, or burpee. I love/am annoyed by it.

Here's what I made for dinner tonight. One of our favorites, and so easy to make.

Grilled Fish Tacos

Ingredients:
- Tilapia
- olive oil
- corn tortillas
- pepper, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- any other taco bar sides you like: sour cream, avocado, salsa, grated cheese, diced tomato, etc.

To-dos: 
1. In medium skillet, warm up 1-2 tsp olive oil on medium heat. Place Tilapia strips in the skillet, and cook 3-4 minutes until all fish is white and no longer translucent. I like to sear it and chop it up with the spatula I'm using into a nice fish hash. Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with pepper and lemon juice, or leave both on the side.
2. While waiting for the fish to cook, grate cheese, dice tomatoes, dice avocado, anything else side-related you'd like.
3. Serve. Eat. Say "Yum."

No comments:

Post a Comment