9.05.2013

Summer fun.

Hrm. I should update this, yes? Yes. So, what has happened in two months?
  • I worked out a lot. I signed up for two weeks of unlimited boot camp classes where I take my weekly classes [DrivenFitnessNow.com]. I loved it, and did it twice.
  • I won third place in my age group in the local 4th of July 5k. Yeehaw!


  • We barbecued with our friends the Martins (who moved and we really miss them), and waited a looong time for the Sun & Sail Club fireworks show. (Someone knocked over the display and they had to set it up all over again.)
Cuddling the scared fur children

  • We went to the Orange County Fair with the Martins later in July. It was a blast. I rode the Ferris wheel for the first time, and it was my first time doing a super fun photo booth.
The heavenly maple-bacon donut

Robert got his wish to go through a fun house




  • We went camping with our friends the Morrissettes and their two girls, adorable and adorable. This needs to happen again.
Dutch oven cobbler. 'Nuff said

Regrowth after the Malibu fires earlier this year

cuties

Holding a cutie

So proud of our first tent
  • We planned and bought Harley and Maya's Halloween costumes. To be shown in a later post.
  • We went to a concert for the bands Train, Gavin DeGraw, and The Script. We learned we didn't like The Script as much as we thought we did. I liked Gavin more than I originally did, and I got to touch Pat Monahan, who is really short.

  • We photographed an open house, family photos in a bathroom, and have other events lined up which we're excited for.
  • I interviewed for and was chosen to be the newest English teacher at our local high school. So. Excited. What's great about this is it's really an answer to prayer. I gained and was passed over a teaching job last year, which was for 7th, 8th, and 10th grades, where I had to travel to four different rooms. I was passed up due to pure favoritism. Although it was a big letdown, it mentally and emotionally prepared me for this year: teaching 10th graders at an even better school, in my own classroom, down the street from where we live. Amazing. God is good.
I'll post photos of my classroom when I get the time. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment