3.13.2011

Don't rock the boat, baby.

Update for the rest of this past week:

The family I tutor for Wednesday evenings is SO great. I love that the mom, who is a stay at home mom, is so involved with her kids' school and fund-raising activities. The kids are smart and very polite and have adorable orange/blonde hair. She reminds me of my mom. I also hope to instill morals and values into my kids that will make their lives better and do all I can for them <3 We're so excited to have kids! But I know we need to get settled first (don't worry ;P haha).

My sister and I set the date for my bridal shower: April 9th! Ladies, mark your calendars :) I'm dying to plan things myself, but I know the girls are excited to do that, so I just forwarded them some fun ideas. I'm so grateful for a sister who takes time off of work to share this special time with me.

Michael and I have been job hunting for me a lot this weekend, so I have a lot to apply for. I know I'll find a job, I just really hope it's one I feel fulfilled by and look forward to going to every day. I've worked this hard to get this far, it's time I start to move on up.

This weekend was the last session of our Sunday school class about Strengthening Marriage, so I'll be visiting Chino more again and Michael won't have to drive so much.  The Lukes, who taught the class, were also released today as the YSA Ward Advisors. You two will be missed! The class was fantastic, thank you.

I organized a baby shower for Vasty Pearson on Saturday and it was awesome. I love event planning - another future side hobby perhaps. We also took a few memorable photos beforehand :)

Ashley Jensen and I are so proud of our diaper cake! <3
She got the CUTEST diaper bag from her neighbor who makes them and sells them on Etsy: Twirlybirdbaby.etsy.com
Michael and I have also been apartment hunting and are close to finding something within our means and closer to his work. I know it'll be a HUGE relief for him to not have to drive 2+ hours every day to and from Newport Beach. I can't wait for him to have that relief and to have our own first place!! We're extremely excited to start our lives together, being able to see each other every day (!!) and share and support each other's dreams.

Here are some fun photos I took of things that caught my eye. I love bird houses and unique-looking perspectives.

Hummingbirds hatching outside the family room window
One of my mom's bird houses
Top section of a bird feeder

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Kelly. If you're in the area when we take our annual family pictures I'll be sure to ask you =D - J

    ReplyDelete